Like many people, you might be experiencing a bit of overwhelm when it comes to choosing a decent mini projector these days. It’s often hard to know what to buy because of all the options they prattle on about in reviews and product descriptions.
That’s where the ViewSonic PJD5134 makes it a little easier on folks because it’s pretty clear that this projector is a designed to be a good all-rounder projector that is suitable for business, classrooms and for simple home theatre use.
Still want to know a bit more about the actual unit and how it faired? Then read on…
ViewSonic PJD5134 Review
- It’s bright (3000 lumens, that’s bright enough for outdoor use)
- It’s portable (small & light, take it with you in your carry-on luggage)
- It’s cheap (sub $350 kind of cheap, which is extraordinary for it’s features)
The PJD5134 features a small form factor with loads of connectivity options:
- RGB 2x input 15-pin mini D-sub & 1x output 15-pin mini D-sub
- Composite RCA jack
- S-Video 4-pin mini-DIN
- Component 15-pin mini D-sub (x2, shared with RGB)
- Audio 3.5mm mini jack
- USB Mini B (for mouse control and service)
Resolution wise it can handle input up to a whopping 1600×1200 UXGA but the output is only 800×600, this earns it a -0.5 star for not supporting true 1080p HD which is very disappointing as it’s probably the only thing holding it back.
It’s ceiling mountable which means you can use it as a solid home theatre piece, but we think it’s more suitable for Business and Classroom use or perhaps by the pool on movie night.
We also loved the 3+1+1 warranty which gives you a 1 year express exchange service in the first year, then 3-year limited parts and labor with 1-year lamp warranty.
ViewSonic PJD5134 Technology Overview
One of the welcome technology additions to the PJD5134 unit is the fact that it is 3D Blu-ray ready via the onboard HDMI connection. This means you can hook up your existing 3D compatible Blu-ray player and enjoy 3D movies wherever you want to setup.
At 3000 ANSI lumens and a contrast ratio of 15,000:1 it’s also one of the brightest mini projector we’ve seen in just about any setting.
It has a wide range of input signal compatibility:
- NTSC M (3.58 MHz), 4.43MHz, PAL (B, D, G, H, I, M, N, 60), SECAM (B, D, G, K, K1, L), SD 480i and 576i, ED 480p and 576p, HD 720p, 1080i, 1080p
Power consumption is low at 250W and standby power usage of < 1W. There is also some power saving measures like and eco-mode to maximize power saving.
What’s in the box?
- ViewSonic PJD5134 mini projector
- Power Cord
- VGA Cable
- Remote Control w/ Batteries
- Quick Start Guide
- ViewSonic Wizard DVD (with User Guide)
- Warranty Card