Today we’re answering the question: “Do You Need A Projector Screen For A Home Mini Projector?”
The short of it is “no”, but there is a big difference if you do.
You will definitely get a much better quality image using a mini projector screen than just using a white wall or a sheet draped over a fence.
But if you’re concerned that the image will be totally distorted if you don’t have a proper projector screen, don’t worry, your image will be crisp enough without it. It just gets better with one…
Why you need a projector screen for your home mini projector
Now I’m going to take the words that I just wrote and gobble them up, because I want to encourage you to consider getting a projector screen for your home mini projector.
Firstly, the way I define home mini projector is a projector that you’re using primarily for watching movies, TV shows and more at home in a fixed kind of setting (regardless of whether you occasionally take it outside to use at BBQs).
In this case there’s a pretty strong argument for having a pull up projector screen so that when you do want to use it for movies for example you’ll get a nicer image that will be much sharper.
Additionally, your brightness will be improved using a screen because of the type of material it’s projecting on. The contrast of the image will also provide you with deeper blacks as well so it will be more like you are using a high quality LCD TV.
Lastly, using a projection screen can reduce eye glare and personally I find that I get less headaches when using one as opposed to just using a wall.
Projector screen options for home mini projector
There’s a few different projector screens out there that claim to be good for mini projectors but a lot of them are too small to be of any used to the home enthusiast.
For a home theatre setup I’d recommend getting a larger screen that can be used as a pull up screen so you don’t have to have it out all the time.
Check these out:
Epson Ultraportable Tabletop Screen
- Lightweight, one-piece design, only 8.8 lb.
- Fast, easy setup on tabletops
- Display up to a 50-Inch diagonal image
- Fits in airplane overhead compartment
- Forms its own carrying case, 34.5-Inch long
Elite Screens EZ Cinema Floor Pull Up Projection Screen
- Easy to transport and set up for traveling presentations or the “Home Theater in A Box” presentation
- Features a simple telescoping support mechanism to adjust screen height
- Built-in carrying handle for enhanced mobility
- Aluminum casing provides rugged protection of your screen
- Includes 3/4″ black top/side masking with adjustable bottom rise masking
80IN Dia Dlx Insta Theater Portable Projector Screen
- Features a unique pneumatic scissor mechanism for raising and lowering the screen surface.
- Wide Power fabric will be seamless in all sizes.
- Viewing Angle: 45 degree
- Gain: 2.2